Skip to main content

day 8: The library

 Blog 8: 8:00-12:30 1:00-3:00

May 18

I started my day again early today. After about three hours of work, I went on a walk around campus with one of my friends to get inspiration for adding a couple more orbs. We walked over to the library and decided that I should add the library to my painting. We started on the bottom floor took pictures for inspiration then went into the library and took some pictures and went all the way up to the third floor to take more pictures for inspiration. I found one picture that I took to be a really good representation of the beauty in the library. I started painting it and could see it coming together within that short amount of time. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of the week

May 16 This week has been wonderful. So far this year I have taken no art classes so my art outlet has been limited to a lined notebook in the middle of class. Spending this much time in the studio around other people doing similar projects has really helped my creativity flow. I have enjoyed being able to work on my project whenever I want. The freedom that we have been given with senior project has really shown me that I will make time to do things even if sometimes I don't want to. I have still gotten up every morning and gone to breakfast with my friends like usual to get an early start of my day. I start early in the mornings so that I can have time in the afternoon. I really enjoy painting more than I thought I did. Originally I was not very excited about this project as much as I wish I had been because painting is not my strongest talent. I think that I'm making a lot of progress on it and the day I started painting I did so much, I wondered if I would even need 55 hour

Day 2: The Bubbles

May 11 Today I started bright and early. I started the morning by stretching my canvas with Corby. It was really hard and I have to say I’m glad that's over. I then did some more sketches and worked on color choices. Once the canvas was done, I started by sketching out each individual design that would go in the bubbles, which took me forever. I did a ton of sketches in my notebook to decide what experiences to paint and I finally made up my mind.  I was really excited to start painting so I set up my paints, chose my brushes, and started mixing the color for the background. It took me a while to get the color perfect but I got it and started painting. I forgot how much I love painting until I started. I made so much progress today. I painted the whole background and a lot of the bigger details in the small bubbles. I am really happy with the work that I did today.